Are you Thinking About Buying a House?
Now that you’ve decided that you are buying a house…
You know that buying a house is a big decision, and you may be filled with questions that need answers. Here are some great tips for you when you are looking to buy a home.
FIVE Things You Should Know When Buying a House
1. Check your credit reports. Monitoring your credit year round, with a credit monitoring application makes this a bit easier. You can try one here to see where your interest rate will be based on your credit scores.
2. Find and set your budget, so that you can be more comfortable with buying a house. Searching for a home is easier when you know what budget you are dealing with. The best way to do this is by contacting a lender for pre approval, but we can help you get those contacts. If you have an idea of what your budget may be, but want a better estimate now, try an online calculator. Knowing how much you will have for a down payment can help at this time too.
3. Down payments can help get your monthly payment down to a more comfortable range, depending on the interest rate and type of loan you will be taking out. Lenders normally want 20 percent down, however, it is still possible to buy with much less. There are several loan options available that you can find from your lender. Here you can check your rates in Texas, based on several types of loans in the state. This can help you identify how much you may need for a down payment.
4. This is the big one… FIND AN AGENT! We would love to help you find your dream home and be your exclusive buyer’s agent. A buyer’s representative has equal access to homes for sale that a seller’s agent does, but his or her allegiance is supposed to be only to you, which is a great way to protect yourself in the purchase of your home. The seller’s agent will have their interest in mind when it comes to the price you may pay for that home, so let us help you save money when you purchase your home. If you’re looking for your exclusive buyers agent, look no further. We are ready to help you find your dream home! Simply sign up below.
5. Searching for a home that interests you and knowing what you are looking for can help speed up the buying process. Our blog offers loads of information on communities in the Greater San Antonio Area. From what amenities you’ll have in that neighborhood, to the schools in the area, dining, entertainment and more, we will have you prepared to buy. We offer excellent search tools on our site to find the perfect property to suit you. If you can’t find it here, please ask and we will get you all of the information that you need.
We would love to help you make your dreams comes true when it comes to owning a home. Give us a call at 210-639-9403.